Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Manic Monday

So, I just have to vent about the insanity that was my day today.

First, I had a doctor's appointment to follow-up on my blood pressure. ($20 co-pay) Things look great and she's letting me step down the dosage of bp meds again. The kids are all coughing though, and there is this one lady in the waiting room who covered up her mouth as soon as we walked in. I am basically just cycling through them one at a time to blow noses. I had to get the box of tissues that was for the whole waiting room and keep it right by us. I was very happy to get my plague children into the exam room.

Then, the 3 kids and I went to smog the van. ($70) "J" and I realized last night that we had to smog the van and that registration was due in two days. So while the van was smogged, I took the kids to McDonalds to eat lunch. ($9) "S" is really thrilled, she got a dinosaur toy in her happy meal.

Then we came home to give "S" a treatment, because she's been coughing a lot today. Also, I paid the registration online ($116). Then, I go to turn on the bathroom light and I hear a pop and it goes all dark. And the lights in half the house won't come on now. So I call the husband and he walks me through the circuit breaker thing. I go turn on the light and all the lights go off again...so we have a problem. Now we have a candle in the bathroom and the switch taped off. I'm going to have to contact the landlord to have him come and figure out what's wrong with the electrical.

"G" has an appointment in the afternoon because she started complaining that her ear was hurting. So we all go to Dr. B ($20 co-pay) and sure enough, she has an ear infection. He told us it was the 10th one he had seen just today. Going around, I guess. He also told me that she has to wait another day before going back to school. Now she will have missed 3 days of school on just this illness. Sigh...

So we load back in the car and head off to the pharmacy. Of course, the pharmacy tells me that our coverage was terminated earlier this month...again. Because that's what I need today. I have to pay out of pocket for the antibiotics now ($14...not bad, they gave me a discount card seeing as my coverage is going to be terminated every month, just for fun). 45 minutes later, we head home.

Now we are home and it's almost 5 pm. I haven't had lunch and I've had a headache since noon. "M" is really missing his nap. Awesome-ness all around. I called the insurance...don't really know what's going on there, but supposedly someone is going to call me. Riiiight. Another treatment for "S"...the asthma is rough this time around.

Husband comes home and I head out to Costco, meeting a good friend there. We had a nice time shopping together and then standing outside for almost an hour, talking. She's such an awesome friend! :)

Home again, home again, jiggity-jig. I tallied up things, just because, and turns out I spent $448! No wonder I felt nauseous most of the day. :( Is this why Garfield never likes Mondays?

Well, tomorrow is a new day. Hopefully not as eventful as today. :)

2 comments: