Thursday, September 17, 2009

Wax frogs-free to a good home

Well, not really. These little guys were photographed at the California Academy of Sciences. They are the subject of my next drawing. Thought I would post the original picture as I get started. I plan to post pics of my progress as I go. So far I'm not sure if I'm going to draw all three of the frogs, but I might. I think the composition is rather nice the way it is.

The reason they are "free to a good home" is because this will be the first drawing I have done in a very long time that has no designation. I always have someone in mind when I start a project like this. But I had no reason to draw this time, just felt like it and the wax frogs inspired me. I think if someone wants it I could sell it, but I will probably find someone to give it to by the time I'm done.

2 comments:

  1. That's such a cool picture Rochelle! I didn't even see the 3rd frog at first. Can't wait to see the progress:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun, isn't that place great! I need to go again already...can't wait to see the drawing

    ReplyDelete